What should I do if a salesperson will not leave my house?

If a salesperson, installer, or locksmith is in your home but refuses to leave, you have every right to call your local police department or sheriff’s office in order to report the situation and have the individual removed.

How can I be sure a company or individual is licensed?

Before you allow any individual to enter your home to install a security system or to repair or replace a lock, you should ask to see their ID badge issued by the Alabama Electronic Security Board of Licensure. It is required by law that this badge be carried on their person. If an individual cannot produce such a badge, do not allow them to enter your home for any reason. Additionally, a list of currently licensed companies is on the AESBL website and can be accessed in order to verify licensing status. However, licensed individuals are not listed publicly. You may call the AESBL office to verify licensing status of a company or individual.

Note: We may put a picture of the badge here if possible.